Achieving the refinancing of France’s number 2 distributor of hygiene products
SO-MG Partners enabled a €1.5 million bridging loan to be arranged pending global refinancing of the group.
A major player for the manufacture and distribution of hygiene products for more than 75 years, the group is number 2 in France with a 7% market share.
In 2017, the group rolled out a strategy of renewed financial equilibrium for its French subsidiaries with the appointment of a new Managing Director and the renewal of the local management team. The strategy took the form of two phases:
1 – Optimisation of costs and processes:
- Investment in the deployment of an ERP system shared by all the group’s French locations in order to achieve standardisation of processes and improved administrative productivity;
- Renewal of the purchasing team and renegotiation of contracts with the subsidiaries’ historical partners;
- Implementation of centralised supply chain arrangements with the creation of a central Supply Chain Department and the setup of a central hub;
- Renewal of personnel (with the recruitment of 107 persons to strengthen the management team).
2 – Restructuring of the customer offering:
- Reduction of the number of product references from 11,000 to 6,000;
- Creation of a shared and better structured product range.
The second phase resulted in the signature of larger contracts leading to a larger financing requirement given the need for investment in new machinery.
The work performed by SO-MG Partners:
- Independent analysis of the group’s financial position designed to facilitate the group’s negotiations with its existing financial partners;
- Search for an additional banking partner for the purpose of financing a €1.5 million short-term bridging loan pending the global refinancing of the group.
The results achieved:
- The signature of a €1.5 million financing facility with BRED, the group’s new banking partner.